Summary of Organization:
The economic development organization is focused on helping the retention and growth of existing industries in Henderson and Henderson County, attracting new industries to our community, and working to secure new capital investment and jobs here.
Highlights of Position:
This position serves as the organization’s primary manager. The director will oversee all aspects of the organization’s activities, serve as its primary spokesperson, and represent the organization at appropriate community events. The director will work closely with the board to develop strategies and initiatives and keep the board well-informed of the organization’s progress.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for Henderson and the region
- A strong desire to build positive relationships within the community and surrounding areas as well as with local, state, and national economic development colleagues and government officials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn economic development techniques and practices
- Ability to manage confidential and critical client/project information
- Ability to manage a small staff, organization finances, and office functions
- Ability to be self-directed and a team player who works well with others
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize under tight deadlines
- Ability to prepare annual budgets and long-range financial forecasts
- Knowledge of current software programs for office management and communications, including experience in the use of social media platforms
- Ability to understand and interpret economic development data and statistics
- Willingness to travel on business-related matters
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the board of directors
All resumes should be emailed to GrowHendoExecSearch@gmail.com
by December 23, 2019.