THE CITY OF ERLANGER
The City of Erlanger’s Mission Statement is “Performing Collectively to Provide Exemplary Service for Our
Community with Integrity and Pride.” Erlanger has a population of 18,840 and is located in Kenton County,
Kentucky. Erlanger is the third largest city in Kenton County by population and square miles and is 6 miles
southwest of Cincinnati, Ohio. The staffing includes 110 employees and has an annual budget of over 16
million dollars. The five departments within the city are General Government, Police, Fire/EMS, Public
Works, and IT Department.
Under the direction of the Mayor and City Administrator, the Director of Economic Development plans,
organizes, coordinates and directs economic development activities of the City development and implements
long-range strategies to ensure the economic health and vitality of the City. Coordinates with other City
Departments to ensure long-term, quality economic growth in the City, acts as a liaison with State and Federal
agencies. Provides assistance to the City Administrator with current and future city operations and planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops relationships with and assists existing businesses.
- Recruits new businesses.
- Assists in the planning for future development of commercial and residential areas.
- Recommends zoning regulations as they apply to community and economic development.
- Assists in developing and implementing economic incentive programs for the City.
- Develops and oversees programs for increasing property values in the City
- Maintains an effective working relationship with Tri-ED, Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce,
- Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development, Kentucky Association for Economic Development and other related organizations.
- Acts as liaison between the City and the Kenton County Occupational License Division
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Mayor and City Administrator.
- Is the point person for the Legacy Businesses Incentive/Grant Program and the Demo Revitalization Grant
- Oversees and maintains existing awarded incentives
- Provide assistance and support to the City Administrator, analyze and implement policies and procedures, respond to and resolve public inquiries and complaints.
- Analyzes the financial details of past, present, and expected operations in order to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Acts as a City Administrator in City Administrator’s Absence.
- Salary range of $71,651 - $101,651
- Vacation and Personal Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Longevity Pay Beginning at Year 6
- Education Assistance
- 100% Premium Paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 100% Paid Cellular Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- 100% Premium Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Outside Career Development Programs
- KY CERS Non-Hazardous Duty Retirement
THE CITY OF ERLANGER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER