Under general direction, this position will lead efforts to implement Economic Development Authority (EDA)COVID-19 PandemicResponse Funding with Economic Development Resiliency and Recovery Plan Goals, linking together the existing Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy and Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan.This position will assist local entities with needs assessment, planning, implementation, and procurement of funding to address the economic impacts caused by the COVID-19 pandemic; performs related duties as required. Grant funding for this position will expire on June 30, 2022.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with local entities to develop strategies and solutions (resources and infrastructure) which address the economic problems presented by COVID-19.
- Link cities, counties, businesses, education sectors, emergency management directors, medical service providers, retail, food supply chains, industry, workforce development to entities with resources (supplies, funding opportunities, trainings); serve as a regional center point for connection and identifying recovery needs.
- Assist local governments with understanding and developing an application for Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Funding.
- Increase the development and administration of grants and related projects for mitigation including Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Kentucky Office of Homeland Security, Kentucky Emergency Management, and others with existing funding and new arising funding that can be used towards COVID-19 response.
- Coordinate and assist with providing Local Office of Emergency Management Training.
- Research and maintain changes in legislation and funding centered around providing COVID assistance and response.
- Distribute information to cities and counties; attend and present information at fiscal court, city council, and other pertinent meetings as requested.
- Create and maintain a database of resources to utilize and share with local governments and community organizations.
- Assist with Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP) for schools, cities, hospitals, and local businesses.
- Conduct trainings for local elected officials and other stakeholders on relevant resiliency topics.
- Assist with creation of web-based hub for COVID-19 resources and plans.
- Assist with research and development of Resiliency and Recovery Plan.
Processes: Frequently required to refine existing work methods and develop new techniques, concepts, or programs within established limits or policies.
Review of Work: Work may be reviewed through oral and written reports, or through spot checks by supervisor of completed tasks.
Analytical Requirements: Assignments involve decisions based on a wide knowledge of many factors where application of advanced or technical concepts is required.
Decisions and Judgements: Problem solving, and judgement is required when working with project planning; data development and analysis; preparing reports; attending and organizing meetings; and preparing goals, objectives, and strategies.
Tools, Equipment, and Vehicles Used: Basic office equipment and use of personal vehicle.
Physical Demands: Work is typically performed indoors at a desk or table; must lift objects weighing in excess of 25 pounds; work is occasionally performed outdoors must operate a vehicle as a requirement of the job.
Contacts: Frequent public and internal contacts requiring tact and diplomacy are requirements of the job.
Confidential Information: Use of confidential information is uncommon
Mental Effort: Heavy
Special Licensing Requirements: Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Overtime Provision: Exempt.