Candidate will be responsible for:
- Helping entrepreneurs with overall business plan development and strategy.
- Helping entrepreneurs develop business strategies and mitigate risks around new products, services, and/or processes.
- Perform training workshops on a consistent basis
- Coaching entrepreneurs through launching new businesses and growing or diversifying mature businesses.
- Coaching on topics such as exporting, product development, raising capital, and federal contracting.
- Connecting clients to key resources for technical and financial support.
- Facilitating sessions to help entrepreneurs develop appropriate business models, business plans, financial projections, cash flow models, marketing plans, loan packaging, core processes, and customer relationships.
- Conducting market research and competitive analysis
- Identifying and contacting small and medium-sized businesses, assessing their needs, and proposing and delivering solutions to enhance and expand their businesses.
- Keeping up to date with current entrepreneurial trends, market opportunities and skills training. Possess an understanding of the entrepreneurial mind-set and the role entrepreneurial skills play in economic development.
- Delivering various services as required associated with federal programs and awards.
- Collaborating with other units of the host organization, the Kentucky SBDC and other Kentucky SBDC locations, partners, chambers of commerce, local economic development agencies and lenders.
- Building and maintaining close professional relationships with small businesses throughout Kentucky. Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively with partner organizations, including hosts, state and federal resource partners.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience as entrepreneurs, in small start-up settings, or with experience advising new businesses through the startup process.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contact small business to primarily promote the services of the Kentucky Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
- Identify market opportunities and assist in the development of business strategies.
- Develop new services based on demonstrated client need.
- Maintain current records of client firms, proposals, project status, and timesheets using a PC-based customer relationship management system.
- Participate in meetings and events of small businesses in the areas served.
- Demonstrated understanding of how entrepreneurship and related activities serve to strengthen and grow Kentucky’s economy
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who works well in an independent setting
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to manage projects effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products with emphasis on Excel
- Ability to travel with a valid driver’s license